My dear husband turned 29 today! I asked him what he wanted to do on his birthday which he replied "just spend time as a family!" So that's what we did (& used for our day #1 for our 25 days of Christmas)! I didn't want to do anything Christmas related today so we didn't blend the two occasions together...I thought both should be kept separate. This year he didn't want to go out to a restaurant for dinner so I asked him what special dinner he would like to have at home. I'm not kidding you. His first thought was, "I don't care if it's hot dogs." WHAT? I don't think so! I swear he loves hot dogs way too much! So I came up with a dinner for him on my own. Chicken rotisserie, mashed potatoes, penne pasta with Alfredo sauce, bread sticks and sparkling grape juice. The kids surprised him with some new dress shirts for work he's been wanting and I got him the much anticipated Wii game: Super Mario Brothers. I don't think he was terribly surprised I got it for him - although he looked pretty happy! I had purchased the game a month before his birthday when it was on pre-sale through Amazon and every so often, he would see it in a store ad or mention it and I'd either show little to no interest or say that we didn't need it. That seemed to have done the trick! :) hehehe After dinner and gifts, we ended the birthday festivities how we normally do it: a run to Cold Stone for some ice cream! Yum!
"Happy Birthday honey! Enjoy the last year of your 20's! xoxo :p"







No comments:
Post a Comment