Monday, September 21, 2009

THREE Parties?

Yup. You read that right. Jocelyn had THREE parties this year for her birthday. Whew. What a month it has been! :) It all started when we were back in Oregon on vacation. We thought it would be nice to celebrate her birthday with family while we were visiting so I got all of us together exactly one month early to the day (August 14th) of her real birthday (September 14th) and threw her a party at Red Robin. She had sooo much fun! We did miss those that were unable to join us.

(Warning: You're about to see a LOT of photos. Please view at your own risk as it may take some time to scroll down this post! But that's okay because you only turn THREE once!)

{This girl SERIOUSLY loves balloons!}

{Jocelyn, Aubrey, and Kayla (Aubrey's friend)}

{My Grandparents}

{My step Mom, Dad, and cute little Andrew}

{My Mom & Grandfather - (step Dad sick at home)}

{Myself and John}

{All of us and Red Robin staff singing "Happy Birthday" to Jocelyn}

{My Dad & Andrew}

{My cute little Nephew & my Sister - (Brother-in-law sick at home)}

{Jocelyn & her Mama - reading birthday cards}

After we returned home from our vacation and had a few weeks to recover, we threw her a little party here at home 2 days before her birthday. We invited some friends and close family members to come join in on the fun. And fun it was! I realized after the party was over that we hadn’t invited any girly friends over this year but I honestly can say she didn’t mind it in the slightest. She loves her friends regardless!

{Can we say LOTS of balloons!!! :)}

{"Everyone loves a princess!"}

{Aubrey and our friend's son, Daniel}

{Our friend Marie (Daniel's Mom) and her other son, Preston

{Our good friend Sabine with the kids}

{WEEEEEEEEE....going down the slide on tummy}

{Jocelyn and her friend Preston}

{About to blow out her THREE candles. SO excited!}

{The fam!}

{Yummy cupcakes! Thank you Wegmans for saving an already hectic day!!! :)}

{My cousin, Holli & her sweet 5 week old daughter}

{My Cousin's son, Aidan & Jocelyn}

{The Birthday girl & her Mama}

And finally, her THIRD birthday approached and we had a family dinner party. Just the 5 of us. We always make the kids their favorite dinner and what did she request this year? Pizza. How could I have not known! I say “make” their favorite dinner loosely this time. Aubrey had a late soccer game so we stopped and got Little Caesars Pizza. But that’s okay because there were no complaints! None. And I was pleased with that.

{First, to start off the day, we went to play at the playground behind our house}

{And found that the swing was the only thing dry - after I swiped it with the sleeve of my sweater anyways. But that's okay because the swings are her FAVORITE! Which is a good thing because I was in no way going to dry off the slide!}

{Andrew sat as "patiently" as possible waiting for his sister to get done so we could get out of the 60 degree morning temperatures}

{She was having WAY too much fun to stop!}

{Later in the day after big sis got home from school}
Andrew, Aubrey, Jocelyn

{Mmm...her FAVORITE: pepperoni (or just cheese) pizza}

{Make a wish!}

{And then make a mess!}

{Andrew was SERIOUSLY eyeing the frosting on the cupcakes}

{So I gave him a taste}

{I'm pretty sure this smile indicates that he liked it! And I'm sure he wanted more but he didn't get any. Sorry bud. Just a lick until it's YOUR birthday!}

Mama & Daddy giving the birthday girl smooches!

2 comments:

The Richeys said...

I'm glad you posted these photos, we miss you all so much, and it's nice to see so many of the family here! xHappy birthday again -to the wonderful Jocelyn!

{Shields Family} said...

Glad you liked them! :) We miss you both as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails