Tuesday, April 14, 2009

American History Museum

It was the first day of Aubrey's school spring break and our family drove up to Washington D.C. to meet up with my cousin and her son for the day at the National Museum of American History. Our goal while living out here has been to see as many monuments and museums as possible. Especially when most of them are free attractions! Andrew is almost 4 months old now and I'm finally feeling like it's a good time to get out and travel a bit more again. Here's some of the photos I took on our adventure:

{Sign in front of the museum}
{Girls playing with blocks on a level board}
{Girls playing with magnetic items - a science exhibit of some sorts}
{Gigantic telescope!}
{Jocelyn and her cousin wrestling around in the kid play area}
{My cousin and her son}
{Jocelyn spent much of her time at this table - coloring! :)}
{Jocelyn in front of a train}
{And another train}
{Andrew preferred being held over sitting in the stroller. I sure didn't mind!}
{History on our hometown: Portland!!}
{Cousins & best of buddies}
{Our fam!}

After lunch, we stood in a VERY long line to see the National Treasures of Popular Culture and here are a few pictures I took from there:

{Dorothy's Ruby Slippers from The Wizard of Oz}
{Kermit the Frog! My girls were like "Who???"}

I wish I remembered more of the trip so I could tell you some more things that we saw and did but it's just not coming to me. If you click on the links to the Museum, it will tell you more of what they're showcasing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails