Wednesday, December 17, 2008

When The Going Gets Tough...

...just get in the kitchen and DO something! That's what I decided to do today anyways.

My oh my this has already been a hard week for me. I can't sit on my hands anymore. Waiting for our little one to arrive has been much harder than I thought. So today after a short power nap, I made a special treat that I thought would also be a great present for Aubrey's school teacher and bus driver. These make great last minute gifts too. I think it turned out really nice!

It's called Cinnamon Toast White Chocolate Pretzels. (The pictures she has up on her site obviously do a little bit more justice than mine but they still look nice and tasty!)


I found this recipe this morning on one of my favorite sites: Your Home Based Mom. She has a lot of great recipes (among other great ideas) on her site too that you should check out. This treat was so fast and easy too. Not to mention YUMMY! :-) Her recipe is on her site if you want to try it. (Click on the link above). Just a side note: when it tells you to sprinkle with additional cinnamon sugar, it's easiest to just use the same measurements it calls for in the recipe (the sugar and cinnamon). I just mixed a separate batch and put it to the side until I got to that point in the recipe. Also, just eyeball how much white chocolate you'd like to melt for the topping. I used 4 individually wrapped Baker's White Chocolate Baking Squares that were 1 ounce each (4 oz total) and I was happy with it but you can always use more or less depending on how much you want.

So just when I thought I had nothing else to do...I found myself back in the kitchen. BAKING! I swore a few weeks ago that I was good and done with that for a little while but I guess never say never! Enjoy!!

Now I'm going to go BACK into the kitchen and clean up my mess. (Which was hardly anything at all might I add.) With being this far along in the pregnancy, the clean up is my least favorite part of baking and cooking because my back hurts towards the end but it'll give me something else to do, right? Oh Andrew...I can't WAIT to meet you! It better be soon too before I snack my way to an extra 35 lbs! LOL

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails