As a typical two year old would have it, learning new words every day is a MUST! I am confident in saying that Jocelyn is definitely among the typical in this case. Just to get this straight up front, I am by no means complaining. MOST of the time, I find her new words quite amusing. Others, well, not so much. :) Here's her recent findings:
* "hey babe" - Our family was driving down the road and I was telling John something which started with "hey babe." Of course it was copied right there on the spot when she heard it but just this morning before John left for work Jocelyn blurted out "hey babe!" We obviously correct her and tell her that it's daddy to her and not babe but she still thought it was funny and said it again. Maybe we're both not very good at controlling the silent chuckles when she says this. Who can blame us? (Although we really should work on keeping a serious face). Kids say the funniest things out of no where!
* "stinky diaper" - Every Tuesday and Friday morning when we're home, Jocelyn hears the garbage truck drive up our street for garbage pickup. She goes ecstatic and runs to the window to watch. It is then, in a very serious voice, that she says "stinky diaper!" Clearly every neighbor has a garbage full of stinky diapers, right? LOL Someday she'll catch on that there's more to garbage than stinky diapers but that's her logic at the moment: That garbage men come twice a week to hull away her stinky diapers. Not that she's entirely wrong here. We'll be happy when she's diaper free! Thank goodness she shows some interest in going in the potty but we have a LONG road ahead of us I have a feeling to get her to diaper free. (It'll happen, it'll happen!)
* "that's cool" - John came home with the girls the other night from the store. It had been snowing and when Jocelyn saw this she said "that's cool!" I don't say that phrase too often so it honestly could have been picked up anywhere. He got a kick out of it.
* "whatever, whatever, whatever" - I was sitting with Jocelyn at lunch. She saw a neighborhood cat walk by and then run off which she then asked what the kitty was doing. I said something along the lines "the kitty is doing whatever it wants...maybe playing or eating or sleeping." All she apparently heard or stored into her memory was the word "whatever." This morning I asked her to go and put her shoes on so we could take sissy to school at which she mumbled under her breathe while putting on her shoes "whatever, whatever, whatever." This word just irritates me (of course deep down I'm laughing) but I think that it's one of those words I now choose to ignore in hopes she forgets with not getting attention from saying it. We shall see if that approach works or not. Is there any chance being in this family that she won't end up a little sarcastic? Doubtful! LOL
Floating Bliss
7 months ago







No comments:
Post a Comment