Friday, September 17, 2010

Tired!

I have to say, I have many intentions on keeping things current on my blog. It is something I truly enjoy doing and preserving our family's memories is very important to me. But let's face it, it's not always going to be ideal (or easy in any sense of the word!) to stay up to speed with 3 young and active children! With me now 15 weeks pregnant and taking care of my very busy monkeys, well, I'm literally wiped out with no extra energy left to do what I want when the day is said and done and my children lay their heads on their pillow.

I love my kids very much and I love being a mom so I don't say that lightly that I don't have time for me. I wouldn't trade my job for the world. Being a mom is the best and most important job ever! I am honored and blessed to be the mother that I am to the children that I have. And I'm sure not having much time for me is just a normal case of being a mother. Although, getting lost in the shuffle isn't what I had in mind. I need to carve out time for me so I don't forget who I am. Even walking at the gym for 30 minutes would be idle. Or taking up cooking again. Or that photography class I've been eyeing for awhile. I want to make it clear that I wouldn't trade any of my motherly responsibilities for anything! It's who I am and I love it! After having my third child, I have started to feel like I have lost my identity somehow. Other than being a mother, daughter, sister, friend...I don't really know me anymore! What are my hobbies? "I don't have any" is my usual answer. Regardless...if I'm not happy and healthy, I'm not doing the kids a favor one bit! I believe it's now time for me to reset some priorities and jot down some goals.

{15 weeks to the day!}

Until I can get this blog of mine back up-to-date though...here's a snippet of what we've been up to:

1. Aubrey's running for Student Body Secretary at her school.
2. Jocelyn turned FOUR years old two days ago (the 14th)! She too is growing like a weed! But a cute one.
3. Andrew is one busy 20 month old! In fact (and unfortunately), rolling down the stairs has been his current past time. Such as today. A HUGE green goose egg on the side of his forehead. Poor guy! Not only is he giving me those scares but he's climbing on the back of the couches & tables & recliners & desks...well, you get the idea! He about gives me a heart attack every time he pulls these crazy stunts of his. He also loves to turn on and off lights (over & over & over again)! He's everywhere! It's fun to watch him active and busy though. He's such a sweet little boy too. I now know through personal experience this past year of his life that he runs the show a whole lot different than the girls ever did. Wow. It exhausts me just thinking about it!
4. Aubrey is in the midst of fall soccer. She's doing really well! And piano practice too. She alone keeps herself (and I) busy!
5. Jocelyn started preschool on Monday. She's nervous but when I pick her back up, she's ALL smiles!
6. Besides being 15 weeks pregnant and being tired from the daily routine, I'm feeling great! No sickness thankfully. This pregnancy feels a lot like when I was pregnant with Andrew. I have no desire to do much cooking. I have been plagued with this problem since finding out I was pregnant. I don't know if it's the said lack of energy or not wanting to be around a ton of smells. So usually dinner is quick and easy. I really need to dig out my crock pot again and also start double batching meals again so I don't have to cook every.single.night! Leftovers=awesome!
7. John's very very busy working. He also graduated on the 11th with his Bachelors Degree! So proud of my husband!

I'm far behind in blogging and posting pictures but I'm stubborn and WILL get it done. Look into seeing a post from me at least daily for a while. :) Until then...

Good night!

1 comment:

The Richeys said...

Hi Leslie, I think you do a wonderful job and when you finally have time to get to know yourself again you will look at all you've achieved and be very proud Love ya! xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails