Our backyard is, little by little, getting done and looking how we want it. John has spent many long hours (some Saturdays as long at 14 hours) on our backyard renovation and I must say it's looking so much better than when we bought the place! Right after the fence was put up, the guys spent a few more hours trying to break up the concrete patio slab - until it started to down poor with thunder and lightning. Needless to say, they got a lot done regardless of the not so favorable weather. I think much of the motivation to get it done was the hefty cost of the 1 day rental tool! And then the following weekend catches us up to speed to bring us to this Saturday as John spent the day with a co-worker digging out the perimeter of the new patio. It was miserable - another hot and humid day out. I haven't seen so many empty water and Gatorade bottles in a LONG time! But they did awesome! Without further ado, here are the "hard-at-work" pictures:
Patio (PART ONE):
{They originally started with a sledge hammer. The jack hammer ended up working better AND faster! Don't mind his look...I have to take pictures of the project, right? :)}
{The re-bar was very hard for them to pull up. Here's the beginning of digging out the dirt and rock to prepare for the pavers to be set.}
{Andrew watching Daddy hard at work - and probably wishing he was out there with him! :)}
{"Good-bye jack hammer. It was nice working with you! (Minus the cost of course!)"}
{All ready and prepped for the new patio}
Patio (PART TWO):
{Rock and gravel packed down}
{Sand packed down}
{Pavers going in}
{Daughter #1 relieving me to help transport pavers while I took some photos}
{John and I agreed on the "running bond" design. I like the multi-colors!}
{And the patio is IN! Just a little cutting to fit around beams and air conditioning and it's complete!}
Next up: The Pergola
I can't WAIT to have a BBQ when our backyard is DONE! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment