Thursday, March 12, 2009

Monkeying Around

This morning at 1am, I heard a LOUD noise followed by screaming and crying. At first I thought I was hearing things but then I heard her cry again. I startled John out of his sleep, jumped out of bed and we both darted across the hall to Jocelyn's room. She had managed to stand herself back up in the middle of her room during the time it took us to get to her and she complained of a headache. Poor girl fell out of her bed for the first time. We don't have rails to keep her in her big girl bed yet and I felt terrible that she got hurt because of it. A little cuddling and singing put her right back to sleep.

Around 11 this morning before I started on her lunch, she was running in circles around the coffee table in the living room singing the "no more monkeys jumping on the bed" song. Then she ran over to me and with all seriousness in her voice and on her face said (or should I say yelled), "I'm a monkey and I fell off my bed and went KABOOOOOM!" That has got to be one of her funniest sayings yet. I'm glad I'm writing these things down so I don't forget them. Priceless!

Another surprise I found this morning was Andrew laying at almost the bottom of his crib. I layed him down last night right smack in the middle and by morning, he had wiggled himself OUT of his covers and was laying sideways a good foot or two down from his original spot. So there we have it: it's official! He's starting to be mobile!! :)

Tonight, I caught the cutest video of Jocelyn singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to Andrew in his swing. She's so sweet to him and I love watching all three of them interact with one another with great love and care. I love being a mom. It's the best job and reward in the whole wide world!

View this montage created at One True Media
Such A Big Boy! 3/11/09

1 comment:

Erin said...

that was too cute!! :) jocelyn is getting soooo big!! i can't believe she sang the whole song!

Related Posts with Thumbnails