Monday, August 27, 2012

Aubrey {7th Grade}

I'm still having a hard time getting over the fact that my "baby" is now in the 7th grade this year! Wow!! And on to another year of middle school. It's just crazy to see how big she's becoming. And I do mean big because she's almost as tall as her mama now! (I know, I know...not such a hard thing to do!) :) Really doesn't seem that long ago that she was only in Kindergarten. She's growing up waaaaaayyyy too fast! I just want her and her siblings to sloooooowww it down a bit! That's not too hard to ask, is it?!?!

While summer was fun....the start of school is always such an exciting time around here. They love to learn and meet new friends. While it's an adjustment of no more late nights watching movies or late mornings sleeping in (lucky bums!), getting back on schedule is more of our kind of thing. Aubrey had her outfit all figured out the night before, her backpack was packed up with school supplies and ready to go and I made her lunch so her first morning on the big day was pretty low key. Besides having breakfast and dealing with the nerves, of course!

Aubrey is such a smart young lady! We are very excited, right along with her, for what this new school year is going to bring. She's moved up to Intermediate band playing the flute again as well as taking up the challenge to try the bassoon, taking home-ec, art, 9th grade Algebra, geography, English, science health and PE. Another season of soccer didn't happen this year which we are a bit bummed about but we just can't justify driving so far to and from base several times a week at this moment in time. You can count on her and her siblings getting right back into it though when we return home if not sooner. She stays super busy though keeping up with her homework, playing with friends and also going to young women's (church group) once a week. 

Here are a few pictures of her first week at school:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails