Some recent changes have transpired within our family - best described as both exciting and difficult. I'm still quite not ready to openly talk about these specific life events but I did want to let you know that we're all doing great and surviving the triple digit heat here! When I feel ready, which will hopefully be soon, I will document these family changes. But right now, I just need to adjust and get over the "deer in the headlights" feeling. Life tends to throw us curve balls from time to time. We are given situations that we have to learn to get through. I felt that I owed my readers an explanation of why I haven't been blogging as much this month (even though I keep this blog primarily as a family journal so I don't have any pressure to write a certain amount of posts) - I've just had to take a step back for a bit and take some time to reflect and get things done. I'm foreseeing August being just as busy as this month - or even busier due to the changes! Thankfully, we have some upcoming events that we're looking forward to:
- John graduating with his Bachelors!
- Beach Trip!!!
- School starting soon...this year for both Aubrey AND Jocelyn! :)
- Soccer, piano, choir, xylophone, activity days, story time at the library and school activities.
- And Andrew will naturally keep me busy - as usual. Climbing is his favorite game at the moment.
{My kids after church ended. Andrew's saying "cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!"}
When I initially took him to class, he clung to my leg pretty tight. But the teachers in there are husband and wife and they do an awesome job and got him distracted pretty quickly. I took this as my opportunity to leave and let him get acquainted with his new sunday school class until he turns 3. (Which he will then go into the primary as a Sunbeam.) Apparently the first 30 minutes after I left went fine and he especially enjoyed snack time. But after that point, it all went downhill. Blood and all! Well, I think he either bit his mouth somehow or it could be from his eye teeth breaking through. It's also smack dab in the middle of his normal nap time. So they just walked the halls to pass time. As soon as he saw me walking towards him after church was over, he had the biggest puppy dog face and pout and reached out for me. It was kinda sad but sooooo cute! He'll adjust to nursery. I'm sure of it. He thankfully wasn't as near as difficult as Jocelyn was in the nursery. She clung to me every time I tried to go - every Sunday! And cried most of the class time too. So I know after a few Sundays, it will be part of Andrew's normal routine to be there with his friends learning about the gospel of Jesus Christ.
{Andrew's 1st Sunday going to nursery! Such a big boy!}







1 comment:
Leslie, We love you lot. I don't get on here to read too much at the moment. We are praying for you, thinking of you and will look forward to talking to you soon. The kids are looking wonderful and getting soooo big!! x
Post a Comment