17.6 lbs (50%)
25.5 inches (10-25%)
It's official! My baby boy is 6 months old as of June 19th! And he's looking the part too. I just want to snuggle him and tell him to stop growing for a little while but like that's possible! John on the other hand is looking forward to him growing up so they can do father-son things like watching basketball games and pal around together. I'm really starting to see the big boy in him already and not the baby boy I've been so used to seeing since he was born. For a second or two, I was sad to see him getting so big but then I too focused on all the things I get to experience with him as he grows and gets bigger and it brought me so much happiness. Andrew is truly a blessing to me - as each of my children are. But something about having a boy makes it a different kind of special. I love him more and more with each new day and I'm thankful to be his mama!
Here's what he's been up to:
* still loves to smile!
* rolls over like a pro (started rolling at 5 months)
* scoots on his tummy and back
* starting to sit with support
* has also started showing a bit of stranger anxiety (if I'm holding him with him sitting outward and all he sees are people he doesn't know, he starts to cry until he sees me or his dad or sisters.)
* loves storytime at the library
* enjoys whipped cream on occasion (shhhh!)
* giggles and babbles (has started saying things like "coo". Other sounds too just can't remember what they are at the current moment.)
* enjoys music and being read to
* loves stroller and car rides
* enjoys the wind (who doesn't in warm Virginia summers!)
* smiles at people
* still has very strong legs while we hold him up to stand
* passes objects from one hand to another
* can usually put his pacifier back in his mouth successfully
* starting to drop toys over the side and look for them
* gets mad if he can't reach or find the toys he once had in his hand
* sucks on rattles, books, toys...you name it!
* sometimes sleeps with his blanket or burp cloth over his eyes (like he's trying to shade out the sunlight-it's quite funny!)
* loves bathtime
* really enjoys the attention he gets from his sisters - and his mama and daddy too!







2 comments:
I want to meet your little boy - he is so cute and wonderful!
I can't wait for you to meet Andrew too. It's too bad really that we won't be back home for Christmas this year like everyone else. (snif, snif) But I'm so happy for you guys that you get to see everyone again after 2 years. How fun!!! Remember - if you have a stop in the DC area (even Pennsylvania!) - we'll totally be there!!
Post a Comment