Saturday, May 23, 2009

End Of The Week Surprise


This week was Aubrey's first time experiencing the SOL tests in school (can be quite stressful for 3rd grade on up) and I thought it would be fun to surprise her at the end of the week with a treat. Now that Carl's is back up and running for the past few months, I thought it was the perfect place to go. I also talked earlier in the week with Aubrey's friend C's mom that I also happen to be friends with and we decided to plan this little surprise together. Ice cream and then a trip to the nearby park. The weather was perfect. A little too perfect. Not only was the ice cream melting, but so were the kids by the end of the trip! You should have seen Aubrey's face when she figured out that we were up to something. Especially when we pulled into Carl's.

{Me and my girls}

{Aubrey and her friend C}

{Jocelyn enjoying her yummy ice cream. Her shirt enjoyed it too.}

{Jocelyn's first time on the merry-go-round. She LOVED it!}

{Round and round they went!}

{They all loved playing on the merry-go-round so much that this is really all they wanted to do.}

{Couldn't escape the park without a ride on the swing first! Of course, right?}

{A little fuzzy, but you get the picture. She's LOVING every minute of being on the swing!}

{Aubrey and C playing at the park}

{"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"}

{Aubrey saved the day and slid down the slide with Jocelyn who stood frozen up at the top! She's such a great sister.}

{And where were the guys you wonder? At home chilling out together. Doing bonding things I'm sure. Like watching a basketball game or dreaming up the next house project. :)}

We all had so much fun. I can't wait to scheme up another fun surprise for her last day of school!

1 comment:

The Richeys said...

What a cute sweet mum you are. Can I be your little girl too, and you take me out for ice cream and a surprise day at the park? x

Related Posts with Thumbnails