For the last 4-5 years I've had this recipe in my hot little hands and have never made it. When I was working at The Oregon Clinic, I had a co-worker/friend that brought these delicious enchiladas into work for a potluck of some sorts and they were heavenly to say the least. She graciously gave out the recipe to those that yearned to have more. As I was planning out my weekly menus as I usually do to write up the grocery list, my eyes set on this recipe and thought it was about time to make it for our family dinner. Well tonight I made it and there is just one word to sum it up: YUM! I was settling Jocelyn into her high chair and getting her adjusted when I looked around the table to see John and Aubrey practically inhaling their food. In between bites, Aubrey said, "Mom....I don't like this...I LOVE this!" Wow. That was awesome to hear. And Jocelyn even asked for seconds. This is when I know that a recipe is truly a keeper! Hope you try it and enjoy it like our family does. (And if I were you, I wouldn't wait as long as I did to make it either.) :)
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
serves 6-8
2 whole chicken breasts
2 (10 1/2 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
1 pint (or 2 cups) sour cream
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
3/4 cup chopped onion
3 cups grated cheddar, monterey jack cheese or a combination of both
ripe olives
6 flour tortillas (burrito size)
Boil chicken breasts 20-25 minutes. Remove meat from bone and chop. Mix chicken meat, soup, sour cream, and chiles together. Spread a thin layer of creamed mixture over the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. Spread equal amounts of creamed mixture down the middle of each tortilla (reserve some creamed mixture for the top) and sprinkle with chopped onion and cheese (reserve some cheese for top). Roll up tortilla and place seam-side down in prepared pan. Pour remaining mixture over the top of rolled tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Garnish with black olives and additional chiles if desired.
Note: can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated before baking.
EXTRA side note/short cut: Instead of going through the whole boiling chicken process, you can easily use precooked chicken breast strips (I used about 1/2 to 3/4 a bag of Foster Farms grilled chicken breast strips bought prepackaged in the Kirkland/Costco brand. Just had to chop them up to smaller pieces and it worked great!)
Floating Bliss
7 months ago







No comments:
Post a Comment